Legal Assistance

Schools are required by law to provide the services listed in an IEP or 504 Plan. If not, there are things parents can do about it. They can file a complaint with the Procedural Safeguards Referral Service (800-926-0648).

They can also contact an office of the Disability Law Center of Alaska. The Disability Law Center will provide legal advice and legal assistance free of charge to families that have children with special needs. See their website for more information about their services.

Disability Law Center of Alaska

Anchorage Office:
3330 Arctic Blvd., Suite 103
Anchorage, AK 99503
Phone/TTY: 907-565-1002

Fairbanks Office:
1949 Gillam Way, Suite H
Fairbanks, AK 99701

Bethel Office:
PO Box 2303
Bethel, AK 99559

Juneau Office:
230 South Franklin, Suite 206
Juneau, AK 99801

Previous Page | Table of Contents | Next Page